Job Title: Intermediate Information Security Engineer (2 positions available including shift work)
Experience Level: Journeyman – Mid-Level
Location: Sterling, VA
Clearance: Secret (Minimum), Top Secret (Preferred)
Summit Brand Protection, INC (www.summitbrandprotection.com) is seeking two Intermediate InfoSec Engineers to work as part of a team in support of an ongoing project in Sterling, VA.
Responsible for maintaining existing security tools and creating new security tool signatures to ensure maximum performance and availability; Forensically identify, collect preserve, analyze and present computer-related data recovered from an enterprise environment; Perform all aspects of intrusion detection, log and audit management, network and database vulnerability assessment and compliance management and security configuration; Address problems, install, configure, troubleshoot and provide maintenance and training in response to customer requirements or inquiries; Conduct integration/testing operations and maintenance of systems security; Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain server configurations (hardware and software) to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability. Manage accounts, security devices and patches and be responsible for access control/password/account creation administration; Analyze collected information to identify vulnerabilities and potential for exploitation; Provide support in the identification, documentation and development of computer and network security countermeasures; Perform penetration testing on enterprise network; Identify network and operating systems vulnerabilities and recommend countermeasures.
- Secret Government Clearance (minimum)
- Five (5) years of relevant experience and a BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology-related discipline. OR
- Four (4) years experience in Information System Security, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics or Insider Threat and an Associate degree in a technology-related discipline.
- Two (2) years experience in architecting, engineering, integrating, developing and/or deploying information technology products in an enterprise environment.
- Experience and knowledge in network monitoring and intrusion detection using host based and network-based IDS and log management applications.
- Experience installing, testing, patching and upgrading computer hardware and operating systems (Windows and Unix) in an enterprise environment.
- Experience using SourceFire, Arcsight, Splunk, NetWitness, Guidance Software, Digital Guardian, Raytheon (SureView), NMAP, Metasploit, Request Tracker, Nagios, Intelliview, Nessus and Foundstone.
- Knowledge of FISMA, NIST standards.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts if needed.
- Must be able to work independently with some government oversight and function effectively as part of a team in a joint working environment.
- Provide thorough and completed products that require minor revisions and/or editing.
Send resumes directly to: Careers@summitbrandprotection.com
Summit Brand Protection was founded by former federal law enforcement professionals from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Our management team possesses over 75 years of federal criminal investigative experience, business acumen, and military service. The firm is veteran-owned and dedicated to providing expert investigative and consultant services. Our firm’s unique expertise centers on assessing risk and performing vulnerability studies on events and/or situations that affect business growth, profitability, and value. We pride ourselves on applying real world solutions. Our team focuses on applying these skills to deliver a quality service and product that meets our client’s budget and time constraints. Our firm maintains high ethical standards and is guided by a set of core values that encompass integrity, confidentiality, commitment and accountability.
Come visit us at www.summitbrandprotection.com